We are back with the ninth episode of our original video podcast, Lunchtime with the Masters. This series will feature short yet informative discussions with the leading professionals in the field of podiatry.
This episode’s guest is Dr. Patrick DeHeer. Unlike many footcare specialists, Dr. Patrick DeHeer is Board-certified in both foot surgery, and foot and ankle reconstructive surgery. He is a leader in the field of podiatry with years of experience treating the full spectrum of foot and ankle ailments. A noted specialist, Dr. DeHeer often presents on cutting-edge topics at podiatric professional conferences. Dr. DeHeer also serves on the editorial board of Podiatry Today and is a frequent contributor to podiatric journals. His credentials include:
- Double Board-certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Dr. Patrick DeHeer received his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago. He then went on to complete his podiatric surgical residency at Winona Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis. He is a member of the:
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Indiana Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot and Ankle Pediatrics
- Dr. DeHeer was honored with the 2011 Humanitarian Award from the American Podiatric Medical Association.
In addition to his stateside practice, Dr. DeHeer has lent his podiatric expertise to many disadvantaged patients around the world. He has traveled on multiple medical mission trips to countries such as: Haiti, Honduras, Iraq, Ukraine, and Trinidad.